Ludlow Palmers
helping to conserve the fabric and treasures of St Laurence's
The South Porch

Architecture

Few alterations to St Laurence's were made in the C13. One was the first two bays of the Chancel and the other was the South Porch and the South Door which predates it. ...read more...

Parvis Room

There is a room above the South Porch not generally open to visitors. This is accessed by a spiral staircase through a door just inside the south door....read more...

South Porch windows

The glass is contemporary (1860) with the restoration of the porch. It was made by Lavers and Barraud of London. Viscount Boyne's arms appear in the windows.

« back to Tour of St Laurence's