Standing at the West Door and looking down the Church the impression is entirely that of the 15th Century 'Perpendicular' period. The nave displays all the simplicity of detail characteristic of the period and relies on its height and proportions for its architectural effect.
In the C17 aisle galleries were inserted but these were removed in the alterations of 1859 and the original spacious feel of the Church was restored.
The nave arcade has 6 bays with simply moulded columns with waves between shafts that continue into the arches above and with polygonal capitals. The clerestory is plain with two-light windows. The glass is decorative with Christian and ecclesiastical symbols arranged in pairs.
The pitch of the roof is shallow, as typical for the period. It is supported by moulded tie-beams with king-posts and arch braces supported on timber corbels. The ceiling of each bay has 32 panels with cusped heads, and, with one or two exceptions, the bosses are carved with foliage.