The north aisle was rebuilt in 1305-08 in the early Decorated style retaining the original plan-form of the Church. The six two-light windows are typical of the period with cusped arches and tracery including cinquefoils in circles. This detail also occurs in the west ‘Ladies’ window. The mouldings of the door jambs of the north door are also typical of the period.
It is conjectured that the rebuilding was financed by Theobald de Verdun whose arms appear in the roundel of the Nightingale window, the middle one of those to the east of the north door.
Just inside the north door is a holy water stoup for those entering the Church to make a sign of the Cross. At the east end of the aisle are the ‘square aumbries’. These were book cupboards and would originally have had wooden doors.
At the west end of the aisle there are two arched recesses. They appear to be of an early C16 date. Whether they were created to accommodate the chest tombs that are there now or for some other purpose is not known.
Above the window line the upper walling and roof date from the C15 reordering.