The masonry of the south wall of the aisle formed part of the 1199 Church. The three windows east of the south door and the west window are all perpendicular insertions carried out, presumably, when the roof was raised in the C15 but the glass is modern....read more...
This window is the central one of the three in the south aisle. It was given by Brettel Vaughan and installed in 1884 by Clayton and Bell.
This window of 1902 is in the south aisle immediately to the left of the south door. It commemorates Thomas Weyman of Broad Street and his wife Mary. It was given by his children including Stanley Weyman, the very popular historical novelist of his day, and Henry Weyman the local historian. The glass is by Powell and Son.
This window is at the west end of the south aisle. The glass is by Hughes of London and it was installed in 1859-60 by Colonel Sir Percy Herbert, the MP for Ludlow. The arms displayed are the Province Canterbury, Shrewsbury Borough, Herbert, Ludlow Borough and Diocese of Hereford.