The panelling on the north wall of the Chapel dates from the C16 or early C17. The carved frieze of a trail of pomegranates was copied from the earlier altar canopy above. This detail may indicate an early C16 date.
The panelling on the east wall and the reredos were installed in 1904 with the panelling being a copy of that on the north wall.
The panelling and the altar rail were given a light-touch restoration in 2017 funded by the Palmers.« back to St John's Chapel « back to Tour of St Laurence's